Fixing a dessert can’t get any simpler. You just need to have some basic ingredients in your pantry. Toss them up together,leave in the freezer for less than an hour…lo and behold! you have a delicious dessert ready to be served. You can make this in advance ,spoon it in individual cups, cover with plastic cling wrap and store it in the freezer. It will stay for weeks. It just needs to be taken out 10-15 minutes before serving. Comes in handy when there are unexpected guests.
My Guarantee: Delicious,easy to make
Not My Guarantee: How long your family is going to let it last
Cookies 'n Fruit dessert
- 2 pints Vanilla Ice cream ( 1 litre/32 ounces )
- 1 packet Oreo cookies crumbed(remove the cream)
- 1 tin mixed fruit ( drain the syrup)
- 1 tin rosgullas* ( squeeze out the syrup and crumb them)
- Some extra Oreo cookies crumbed for sprinkling
- If the ice cream is in a slab form, roughly break into pieces. Put in a large bowl.
- Add the other ingredients and mix well and quick.
- Don’t let the ice cream melt. Work fast.
- Spoon into individual dessert cups/bowls.
- Sprinkle Oreo crumbs.
- Cover with cling wrap and keep the cups in the freezer.Leave for at least half an hour to set.
- If you are storing for longer time, remove from freezer 10- 15 minutes before serving depending on the room temperature.(Note that the dessert should not melt,just slightly thawed.)
You can get ready made Rasgulla tin at any Indian store. it can even be ordered online from Amazon .
Sonal of Simply Vegetarian even has a simple recipe to make rasgullas if you want to try your hand at it.
Due to cloudy weather, I had to rely on indoor lighting. Sorry for the poor picture quality 😦
I haven’t been partying for the past couple of weeks. Probably wanting to knock off a few pounds from all the previous partying. But I can’t keep away from fiesta Friday for a long time. So this week I am joining all my party friends at Angie’s most happening party Fiesta friday #81
Secrets of Turmeric
If you like Superfoods, you will fall in love with Turmeric! Did you know Turmeric can be used for anti-inflammatory, healthy skin, acne, wrinkles, hair growth, and much more. Learn the Top 10 Benefits of Turmeric and then read the fantastic eBook on all the Amazing Uses of Turmeric. You will discover how to use Turmeric for Weight Loss, Skin Care, Pain Relief, and a ton of other amazing benefits.