Did you know that frozen lobsters can come back to life when thawed? Well, I didn’t . And I am so glad I do now, because I would have completely freaked out at the sight of lobsters playing in my living room in the morning after having left them overnight to thaw. See! browsing around the web is useful sometimes. But at other times it can overwhelm you with stuff you really didn’t want to know, like..like..for example November 27th is celebrated as ‘Pins and Needles’ day. And just in case you wanted to know November 30 is ‘National Stay Home Because You’re Well Day’. Or that banging a head against a wall for one hour burns 150 calories.
Wait a minute!! If you are considering burning some calories I have a better idea. Make this delicious ,healthy,low calorie mulberry and granola parfait for breakfast and take your dog out for a walk while it is chilling in the fridge. Black/ Purple mulberries as I mentioned in my previous post don’t require any added sugar as they are very sweet and are ideal for this parfait.
Mulberry and Granola Parfait
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp. honey (optional)
- 2 tbsp. granola
- 2 tbsp. mulberries
- 1/2 tsp. strawberry crush (optional)
- Take a glass jar and place alternate layers of granola,yogurt and mulberries.
- Leave it in the fridge for about ten minutes to set.
- You can add some honey to the yogurt if you like.
- Enjoy this deliciously healthy dish as breakfast or as an after meal dessert.
Stay tuned for more mulberry recipes .