This weekend was a busy one with parties and get togethers. With just a couple of days left to go for the most awaited sporting event, FIFA world cup 2014, the mood and flavor of all parties had to be football. The conversations had to be seasoned with football banter. I am sure you all must be experiencing this.
I can’t really say if this image of World cup footballs right from the year 1930, which one of my friend’s forwarded to me on my phone inspired me to make this meatball dish 🙂 but nevertheless I made this dish for one of my favorite parties Fiesta Friday 19 at The Novice Gardener. This one Angie is co hosting with Sue@birgerbird and Prudy@Butter, Basil and Breadcrumbs. Come on everyone. Let us join the fun 🙂
If you or your family is equally excited about the football season go ahead and try this dish 🙂
Foot Meat balls:
- 250 g boneless tender lamb
- 1/2 a cup Garbanzo beans/ split chick peas/chana dal soaked
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp. or to taste
- Fresh coriander
- Fresh mint
- 2 tsp. Ginger garlic paste
Cook the meat with the beans and spices till tender and dry. Add the herbs and dry grind.You can add half a teaspoon of Allspice powder or garam masala powder if you wish. Leave in a fridge for half an hour. Make balls and deep fry. .
Now let’s get started with the rice. I use Basmati rice because it is Aromatic and Flavorful.
- Soak 4 cups rice for half an hour.
- Boil 2 liters of water to which you have added 2 tsps. salt, 3 cloves, 3 cardamom, 3 inch cinnamon stick,a tablespoon of oil, some fresh coriander and mint.
- Put the rice and cook till just done.
- Take a pot and spread a tablespoon of oil.
- Spread the rice.
- Cover and cook for five minutes on low heat.
- Serve on a platter garnished with crisp fried onion, fresh herbs and the Meat balls.
Enjoy while you watch your favorite team win…