My dear friends and readers, your friendly food blog is finally on Facebook. All of you have been a huge support to me and have encouraged me with your likes and kind comments.I want to thank each and everyone for that. Please continue with your motivation by joining me on Facebook.
Please join me on my facebook page:
Eggplant rollups is an amazing dish which can be served as hors d’oeuvre at a party or a lip smacking finger food at home. It is light, healthy,vegetarian,appealing,easy to assemble, can be prepared in advance and can be served warm or cold. Eggplant slices are grilled in the oven,seasoned and spread with muhammara, ( walnut and red bell pepper spread ) and rolled up tight. You can get innovative with spreads, but personally I found this combination very delicious ….tangy,nutty,sweet and hot flavors all rolled in one.
- 1 large eggplant or 2 medium
- salt and pepper
- dry oregano and basil
- 1 tbsp. olive oil for brushing
- Muhammara for spreading
- Slice the eggplant lengthwise. One large eggplant should give about 8 slices. Rinse them and pat dry.
- Brush them on both sides with olive oil.
- Spread them on a baking sheet/grill plate.
- Season both sides with salt,pepper,dried basil and oregano.
- Grill or bake in a preheated oven at 200º for 8-10 minutes or until eggplant slices are cooked.
- Remove in a flat plate.
- Spread a heaped teaspoon of the delicious walnut spread (Muhammara).
- Roll up the slices from one end to the other.
- Arrange in a serving platter.
- You can serve with toothpicks in a party or as a finger food at home.
If you like this simple recipe please don’t forget to join me on Facebook. Have a wonderful weekend!! 🙂