The count down has begun, the carpets have been laid, the invites have been sent out, preparations are on full swing, menus all planned, mise en place well organised for service, the best of silver polished and the dresses are out of the wardrobe for the biggest ever block party-
‘ First Annual Fiesta Friday’
Since this is a big event for all us excited and hungry party goers, it will span for two weeks in a row, ‘Non Stop’.
Week 1: The Amuse-Bouches and Appetizers week.
Week 2: Main course and Desserts week
Venue : The Novice Gardener
The elegant party host Angie has made sure it is celebrated in style. This week happens to be the ‘Appetizers & Amuse-Bouches’ round. So, I am rushing to Angie’s place @ The Novice Gardener. Two most amazing blogger friends Hilda @Along The Grapevine and Julianna @Foodie On Board are co-hosting this gala event.They are going to make sure every one is going to have a great time. Do join us for some fun and feasting 🙂
For all those who have missed out on the invite, I am adding the invite at the end of the post on behalf of the gracious host Angie.
For week 1 , I am planning to get two appetizers. The second one I will be plating up soon. I want to reach early, as I don’t want to miss out on anything. My first appetizer will be ‘Vietnamese rice paper spring rolls. Absolutely light, healthy and fresh. Because there are too many dishes to be tasted.
Vietnamese Rice Paper Spring Rolls
What you need for the filling:
- 1 cup finely shredded chinese cabbage
- 1 cup shredded roast /rotisserie/barbecue chicken
- 2 cups thinly sliced bell peppers yellow,red,green
- juice of 1 lemon
- 100 g rice vermicelli
- 1 tbsp. thai fish sauce/Worcestershire sauce
- salt to taste
- 1 cup fresh mint and basil leaves chopped
- 12 rice paper sheets
- Soak the vermicelli in a bowl of warm water and drain when the threads are translucent (or as per instructions on the packet).
- Add all the other ingredients except rice paper, in a large bowl.
- Add drained vermicelli and toss well.
- Now soak rice papers in a shallow bowl of water one at a time for 15 seconds( more than one can stick to each other).
- Remove gently and place on a clean tea towel.
- Arrange a heaped tablespoon of the chicken filling along the center of the rice paper and roll up firmly like a spring roll.
- Repeat with remaining rice paper wrappers and filling.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce and a sweeter smile.
As promised, I am posting an official invite to the party.All are welcome 🙂