Whether you are eating with kids or with friends these crunchy and juicy chicken lollipops never fail to impress. This is a Chinese and Indian fusion starter which is very popular in Chinese restaurants in India. It was called as ‘Tree chicken’ at one restaurant and ‘Pakoda chicken’ in another. Of course like with most other dishes there are many versions of this delicious appetizer. But this recipe turns out very good. The combination of spices makes sure it is lip smacking.
The most important part of this dish is the ‘cut’. These lollipops are made from chicken wings. The flesh is pushed to one side away from the bone but still attached to it.
- 8 Chicken lollipops with skin
- 1 tsp.Red chili powder
- salt to taste
- 1 heaped tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 green chilies finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp. garam masala (cardamom+cloves+cinnamon)
- 1/2 tsp. Tandoor masala(available in Indian stores)
- 2 tsp. ginger garlic paste
- pinch of red color (optional)
Marinate with all the above ingredients and cook till tender. Make sure the flesh doesn’t fall off the bone. Take off heat.Leave aside to cool.
Batter for dipping
- 4 tbsp. cornflour
- pinch of red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- pinch red food color(optional)
Make a thick batter with little water. Dip each chicken lollipop into this batter and deep fry.
Enjoy with sweet chili sauce or schezwan sauce
I am taking these yummy starters to party with my Fiesta Friday friends. One extra plate for Angie the awesome host. This week’s Fiesta is being co-hosted by two wonderful food bloggers Kaila @ GF Life 24/7 and Jenny @ Dragonfly Home Recipes