Some lessons in life are learnt the hard way!! Especially when you chose to ignore your senses.
I recently fell sick after eating a bowl of cereal which wasn’t at the ‘best’ of it’s behavior( from a box which I had bought a day before). I was off blogging for more than a week,weak,sick and bored. One day,lying on my bed I almost hallucinated this faux courtroom scene.
!Just for Laughs!
A Faux Courtroom scene:
Case: A food blogger(defendant) falls sick after eating a bowl of cereal from a newly bought carton.
Judge: Mr. Prosecutor! You may present your case.
Prosecutor: Your honor! The defendant here is a Serial Cereal eater. She is accused of ignoring her senses and buying the cereal carton without checking its date. In this case the sense of vision. She is accused of falling sick and ignoring her blog.
Defense Attorney: Objection your honor! My defendant bought the brand new carton from the super market just a day before.
Prosecutor: The carton clearly mentions ‘Best before January 2016’
Defense Attorney: January is a long month your honor. It has 31 days in all.It could have easily meant 31st of january. In any case my defendant checked the date after she came home.
Prosecutor: This is a clear case of ignoring the most common sense called the ‘common sense’ your honor. Common sense would have asked the defendant to return the carton to the store from where it was bought.
Defense Attorney: I strongly object!!My client is a prudent person who cares about the world’s natural resources. Driving back and forth to the market would have burnt precious fuel.Saving the energy and fuel resources for the world’s future was top most on her mind.
Prosecutor: And what if some others had fallen sick.
Defense Attorney: My dear Sir! For your kind information the defendant is the only person in her house who is a cereal eater and she would never risk the health of any one else.
Prosecutor: What about the sense of smell Mr. Attorney. A food blogger must know the simple fact that what doesn’t smell right is definitely NOT right.
Defense Attorney: You have hit the nail on the head Mr.Prosecutor. Being a food blogger ,my client wanted to verify this very fact and prove to the world that what doesn’t smell right is definitely NOT right. She has risked her health for the noble cause.
Prosecutor: At the cost of the ‘blog’ Mr.Attorney the ‘blog’. One whole week of ignoring the blog.
At this point the defendant raises her hand and asks to speak to the Judge.
Defendant: Your honor! I love my blog and I am the one who has suffered by staying away from my blog. I am the one who missed my friends and readers. I am sure they will vouch for me and stand as my witness.
Judge: After hearing both sides of the case the court acquits the defendant of all charges and asks her to return to blogging immediately. She is also asked to serve the community by posting a detox recipe for wasting our valuable time.
‘Mom!! Mom!! Wake up please. You did not finish your drink.’ my daughter is shaking me with one hand and handing over the freshly blended juice I had asked for before dozing off, with the other hand.
‘Uh,Oh..yeah sweetie..thanks’ I mumbled thankfully before sipping the deliciously healthy ABC drink.
Miracle drink as it is popularly called is a juice of
- 1 Apple
- 1 Beetroot
- 1 Carrot
The tip here is to drink it immediately and keep the vegetables and apple organic. Do not add sugar.
The juice was discovered by Chinese herbalists and got it’s name due to the innumerable health benefits. It is advisable to drink this juice regularly. I am sure you will after reading it’s amazing benefits:
- Storehouse of Anti-oxidants:Apple is full of anti-oxidants and vitamins like A, B1, B2, B6, C, E and K along with nutrients like Folate, Zinc, Magnesium, Potassium, Phosphorus, Calcium, Sodium and Iron. Carrots are a store house of vitamins like A, B1, B2, B3, C, E and K along with Niacin and Pantothenic Acid supported by minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium and Selenium.Beetroot is full of nutrients like Vitamin A, C, B-complex, iron, copper, magnesium and potassium along with several anti-aging agents.
- Good for heart:Beetroot is known to look after the health of heart along with presence of carrot which is known to help in promotion of heart health with compounds like alpha and beta carotenes and lutein. When all the goodness from these both vegetables is mixed with apple aids in keeping the cholesterol levels down and having a control on the blood pressure also acting like a shield in front of heart from diseases.
- Skin friendly:This miracle drink will also help in keeping the skin without any spots, pimples and also extending the time during which the skin keeps on ageing.
- Good for digestion:This juice is also said to improve the entire digestive system in the body that protects stomach health saving it from ulcers, controlling the bowel movements and relieving chronic constipation.
- Good for brain:This is the best drink which will help in providing brain with all the necessary nutrients which in turn increases the memory and helps in proper functioning of brain.
- Good for your eyes: This is good even for the eyes especially for those who are forced to work on computer for several hours which might result in drying up of eyes, irritation and tiredness.
- Detoxifies the liver:It is known to detoxifythe liver and blood purification thereby helping in increment of red blood cells production.
- Eases menstrual pain:It is known to relieve menstrual cramps and pain.
- Good for weight watchers: It works well with weight watchers at the same time giving necessary energy without putting on additional calories.
- Anti-tumour effects are found in the consumption of this juice.
- Improves badbreath due to indigestion, throat infection.
(Benefits of Miracle drink Courtesy healthyholisticliving,myhealthtips.in,humanhealth.com)