My new neighborhood has a lot of big old trees and hence is home to different species of birds. Bird watching has become my new pastime. I have spotted kingfishers,rock doves,white doves,parakeets,mynas,koels,crows,bulbuls and a few others I couldn’t identify. There is a pair of red vented bulbuls who are trying to build a nest by my window. I can watch them working real close because I guess they cannot see me through the tinted glass. And last week there was a lovey ‘dovey’ couple who decided to lay their eggs on the window lintel,raise and tutor their offspring one of whom wanted to test it’s newly acquired skills by pecking a giant harmless rooster who my daughter has fondly named Red Beard. It was funny watching the plump baby dove trying to scare ol’ Red Beard who conveniently chose to ignore it.
Then there was the mystery of the missing milk packets.Our CCTV caught a little monkey pick up our milk packet left by the milkman, make a tiny hole in it and sip it in style without spilling a drop. It was soon chased away by a monkey mom with it’s pillioning baby, who snatched the other milk packet and escaped to the nearby mango tree.I guess they picked a few mangoes too on the way and made a mango milkshake 😉
Now you can understand what or who is keeping me away from my blog though my gallery is full of food pics which are asking to be posted.
Now it’s eight in the evening and there is nothing much happening around so I decided to post this recipe of Honey and Sesame chicken I made a few days back.
This dish is delicious with a little crunch coming from the sesames and the peppers.It can be eaten with rice,noodles,pasta or as a kind of gyro filling.
Honey and Sesame Chicken
Ingredients Set 1:
- 400 g boneless chicken pieces
- 1 tbsp. cornflour
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp. red chilli sauce
- 1/2-1 tsp. paste of red chillies(optional)
- 2 tsps. soy sauce
- salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Marinate the chicken with all the above ingredients for at least an hour.
- Deep fry the chicken and place them on a kitchen paper towel to soak up the excess oil.
Ingredients Set 2:
- 2 tsps. garlic paste
- 4 chopped spring onion whites
- 2 tsp. tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp. red chilli sauce
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. honey
- a pinch of salt
- 1-2 tsp. sesame seeds (lightly roasted if you prefer)
- half each of red,yellow and green peppers cubed
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Place a wok on medium heat.
- Pour the oil in it.
- Put the garlic paste in the wok and saute for half a minute.
- Add the onions and saute further.
- Now add the bell peppers and keep sauteing.
- Add the sauces, fried chicken and honey in quick succession.
- Remove from heat and arrange on a platter.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and serve immediately.
- Enjoy with family and friends.