When the night is cold and dry or your family is lazy and quiet, serve this fiery hot tender chicken rolled in crushed pepper cons which in a most indulgent fashion spices up the palate and tantalizes your senses. The aroma and flavors of this dish is sure to make mouths and eyes water. The brining, baking and shallow frying keeps the chicken moisturized and succulent from inside while hot and slightly crispy on the outside. You will have your family literally eating out of your hands and back to their chirpy selves. Don’t wait. Try it this weekend…..
Things you need:
- 1 Chicken quartered and skinned
- 2 tbsp. fried onion paste
- 2 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
- 1 cup yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. fresh cream
- 1 tsp.All spice powder
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed black pepper cons
- First brine the chicken pieces ( skip the coffee powder from the recipe in the link) for two hours at least.
- Discard the solution , rinse and pat dry.
- Add all the above ingredients except the black pepper and marinate for half an hour. Since you have added salt to the brine, add very little salt.
- Cook in the oven at 180 º C for 45-60 minutes till done.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add a tablespoon or two of oil in it.
- Roll the chicken pieces in crushed pepper cons (as many as your tongue can bear) and fry one piece at a time, for a minute on each side.
- Mango slices can be an excellent accompaniment to this hot dish.
- You can also reduce the juices remaining in the oven tray and pour over the chicken. This can be served with bread or steamed rice.
Kruti Mehta of 10 evening flowers sprang a pleasant surprise on me by nominating me for the prestigious Dragon’s Loyalty award. She is a young ‘author and a poetess in making’ who runs this very interesting blog which has a collection of short stories, sketches and a platform for cross culture talks. I am honored and thankful to her for presenting this award to me.
The rules for Dragon’s Loyalty Award are:
1 Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2 Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and a link back.
3 You must share 7 things other bloggers may not know about you.
4 Nominate up to 15 bloggers for Dragon’s Loyalty Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
5 Copy and paste the award somewhere on your blog.
- Old thingsRnew
- Servicefrom theheart
Congratulations to each one of you. All the best and enjoy….