Winter is round the corner and soon it will be time when the dipping temperature and the biting winds want you to reach home early, stoke up your hearth, eat something comforting and snuggle into the warmth of your bed.
This recipe of baby corn and chicken which I put together is one heart warming dish you and your family will love to eat this winter. It is very easy to make and doesn’t require much oil.Making it a healthy, hearty meal when you pair it with steaming hot rice. Ofcourse you can serve it with noodles too.The colors are vibrant and the dish very appetizing. (the pictures were clicked in natural light) The only thing is I couldn’t come up with an interesting name for this dish. Please do suggest if something comes to your mind.
- 8-10 Baby Corn (cut in halves)
- 500g Chicken breast (cubes)
- 6 stalks Spring onion
- 1 medium sized onion quartered and layers separated
- 50ml oil
- 2-3 dry red chillies
- 10g garlic
- 10g red chilli paste
- 10g tomato paste
- pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. cornflour ( dissolve in little water
- 1 chicken stock cube or 500ml. fresh chicken stock
- cashew nuts if you like
- Heat a wok and put oil.
- Add dry red chillies and garlic one after another and saute .
- Now add the white of spring onion and layered onion.
- Add chili paste, tomato paste,soy sauce,chicken and corn. Saute for a minute.You can add cashewnuts if you like.
- Add a dissolved cube of chicken stock or fresh chicken stock.
- Season the dish with salt,pepper and sugar.
- When the chicken cubes are done(it shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes) add the dissolved cornflour to the broth and simmer for a few minutes.( If the liquid appears less add a cup of water).
- Garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot .
- It can be eaten on its own or with steamed rice or noodles.
Keep your family warm this winter by cooking delicious heart warming dishes for them.
Do check a few more dishes you can try in this season: