What’s a party without some glimmer and shimmer. Just add some sparkle and shine to your delicious food and set the festive mood going. Holidays mean parties, get togethers and visits from family and friends. How about making these velvety smooth and luscious mini mango puddings for your family and friends. Smear them with edible glitter and your love and watch the gleaming faces of your near and dear ones as they enjoy the delicious dessert.
I made this dessert last weekend for my son(who is studying in a business school) and my sweet sis-in-law who were visiting us. My son is a mango lover and my doctor brother-in-law is a food connoisseur and has always been very encouraging about my food experiments and the blog. So…the mango pudding had to be made for all of them.Needless to say,everyone enjoyed it. The pudding can be made in advance and can be stored in the refrigerator for more than a week. I served it with mango jelly strips which I rolled up and sprinkled with some edible gold dust.
Don’t think. Go ahead and make this yummy dessert and store it in the fridge for the coming holidays. I set the pudding in individual silicon moulds and it was very convenient to serve.
- 1 tin mango pulp (800g)
- 1/2 litre whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 packets vegetable gelatine (75g)
- 1 cup hot water
- edible gold dust for sprinkling on top
- Dissolve gelatine in hot water.
- Add sugar to it,mix and leave to cool.
- Whip cream well.
- Add mango pulp to the gelatine and sugar mixture and put on heat for a couple of minutes so that they gel well. Leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Pour in the cream and mix well with a spoon or electric hand blender.
- Pour into silicon cupcake moulds and keep in the fridge to set.
- Sprinkle some edible gold dust to add some sparkle.
- Serve with rolled mango jelly sheets and a mint leaf.
- You can also serve some whipped cream with it if you like.