I wonder what KFC was thinking when it decided to introduce edible chicken flavored nail polishes. I know they were taking their motto ‘finger lickin’ good’ literally but why on earth would anyone want to lick their nails when they could eat their delicious chicken instead.Thankfully, it has not yet hit the shelves. It is just being promoted on social media to test the market reaction.
5 reasons why I think edible nailpolish is a bad idea:
- Moms are not going to buy that nail polish for their young kids because they alone know how hard it was to get them off that nasty nail-biting habit. Buying edible nail polish would be potential suicide.
- Teenaged girls! think twice. you don’t want those braces back with all the finger licking an’ chewing.
- Hygiene. Has anyone thought of that. Either you wear gloves or protective finger caps or you just sit whole day with your fingers in a fridge. After all who can resist KFC….you can’t stop your pet cats,dogs or flies from a teeny lick or weeny bite of your nails. And who wants to be chased or followed by street dogs when walking on the road with irresistibly tempting chicken on your finger tips.
- Young ladies! It is not at all elegant or lady-like to lick or bite your nails in public. And imagine it getting runny or sticky on your important papers in your office.
- KFC is hugely impartial…meaning..their nail polish is unisex. OMG! That would mean…our dear planet will be invaded by men of all sizes and shapes with their nails painted RED…and at one time you will find atleast a dozen of them with fingers in their mouths….everywhere…in trains,in offices,in shopping malls,on roads…everywhere.Oh God! Please no.
KFC! Are you listening?We all love KFC. But the idea of an edible nail polish is a bit weird.
A little suggestion: How about an edible LIPSTICK or chicken flavored chewing gum or lollies? Think about it.
Well! There is still time till KFC’s nailpolish is available for us to buy. Till then if you want to taste,lick or eat some delicious fingers while still looking elegant…go for this dish. Crispy Eggplant fingers are easy to make, crunchy and delicious. You can serve them as an evening snack or a party appetizer. I tried frying as well as baking them. Honestly speaking, I found the baked version even better. Well! to each his own. Why don’t you try both and decide for yourself. Eat it just like that or with an Italian dip like marinara or a hot and sweet chilli sauce.
Recipe: Crispy Eggplant Fingers
- 8 finger eggplants (vertically sliced into two) or 1 medium eggplant (cut into finger size strips)
- 1 tsp.pepper
- 1tsp.garlic powder
- 1 tsp.dried oregano
- 1 tsp.chilli flakes
- 1 tsp.onion powder
- 1 tsp.thyme
- 1 tsp.dried basil
- 1/2 cup Rice flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 egg beaten
- oil for deep frying
- – Place the eggplant fingers in a colander. Sprinkle salt on them and leave for 30 minutes. This helps reduce the moisture content in the eggplants. Wash and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Meanwhile, put salt,pepper,garlic powder,dried oregano,chilli flakes,onion powder,thyme,basil in a blender and blend together.
- Mix this spice mixture and cheese with bread crumbs.
- Spread rice flour on a plate. Put the eggplant fingers on it and toss till they are coated with the flour.
- Beat an egg with a tbsp. of milk in a bowl.
- Spread the bread crumb mixture on a plate.
- Dip the eggplants in egg first after shaking off the excess rice flour.
- Then roll gently in the bread crumbs.
- Keep the rolled eggplants in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Pour 1 inch of oil into a pan. When the oil is hot, put the eggplant pieces in the oil, and fry till golden brown.
- Baking: Spray some oil on a baking sheet.Place the breaded eggplants on the sheet and spray some oil.Bake at 360ºF for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot with your favorite sauce.
- Enjoy this lip smacking,delicious snack with your family and friends.