This is one warm delicious dessert which you can serve at Iftar during the holy month of Ramadan. Sweet golden mangoes are in season and you can make the most of them by making this dessert. The bread cubes which pop out of the pudding stay crisp and make a crunchy crust, while the Mango cubes are warm,sweet and juicy. On the whole, this makes for a heart warming dessert, ideal for the Iftar table.If you want to enjoy it as an after dinner dessert, warm it in the microwave and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Recipe: Mango bread pudding
- 6 slices of bread cut into cubes
- 4 tbsps. butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6-8 cardamoms ground
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla essence
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 large mangoes peeled,pitted and cubed
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add milk,cream,sugar,cardamoms and sugar.
- Bring to a boil and take off heat. Cool.
- Whisk the eggs and add slowly to the butter mixture. Blend well.
- Mix the bread and Mango cubes.
- Butter a 9 by 11 baking dish and put the bread and Mango cubes in it.
- Pour the egg mixture all over them.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 180° C / 350°F for 45 minutes or till a knife comes out clean.
- If it has not browned on top you can broil for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
I am taking this dessert to Angie’s Fiesta Friday 73 to share with all my blogging buddies. Co hosting with her this week are two amazing blogger friends Michelle @Giraffes Can Bake and Juju @ cookingwithauntjuju.Come along and enjoy the fun….