Thailand – the Land of Smiles, of ever cheerful faces,of positive,generous,helpful,friendly and happy people. It is famously said that it is one place where even the immigration officials have a broad smile on their faces. Thailand ranks among the top 50 happiest countries in the world. One of the reasons according to them is the delectably flavored ,soul hugging Thai cuisine which brings those content smiles on their faces. They are passionate about their food. Thai recipes are known to be handed over generations. Their exotic cuisine is a harmonious blend of sweet,sour,salty and spicy flavors.From mild to hot, it is cooked to suit individual palates. The chefs of Thailand take pride in presenting the traditional dishes as works of art, all the while preserving the interplay of aromas and flavors and finally serving it with warmth and smile.
Wear a smile and have friends; wear a scowl and have wrinkles. —George Eliot
We are so caught up in our daily routines,our work schedules,deadlines,stress that we have really forgotten to smile. We dress up for that important meeting or that party we have been waiting for but forget wearing a smile. Let’s start smiling because it is the one curve which makes things straight.
This chicken curry, straight from this beautiful land is a heart warming,delicious comfort food. Serve it with fragrant Jasmine rice and watch the smiles on the faces of your loved ones.
Thai Chicken curry
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 500 g boneless skinless chicken breasts/thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 can (4 oz) yellow curry paste
- 500 g potatoes (yukon if available) peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 can coconut milk (14 oz- roughly 1.65 US cups)
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2-3 tbsp. roasted peanuts
- Heat oil in a wok and saute onions till soft.
- Add curry paste and saute for a few minutes till fragrant.
- Add chicken pieces and potatoes and saute till well coated.
- Pour in the coconut milk and an equal amount of water. Bring it to a boil on high heat.Cover and simmer on low heat till chicken and potatoes are done.
- Stir in the fish sauce and brown sugar.
- Take off heat.
- Sprinkle peanuts and serve hot with Jasmine rice.
Note: This recipe works only when you are smiling while cooking and serving 🙂
I am taking this delicious Thai meal to Awesome host Angie’s most happening party Fiesta Friday #81
Secrets of Turmeric
If you like Superfoods, you will fall in love with Turmeric! Did you know Turmeric can be used for anti-inflammatory, healthy skin, acne, wrinkles, hair growth, and much more. Learn the Top 10 Benefits of Turmeric and then read the fantastic eBook on all the Amazing Uses of Turmeric. You will discover how to use Turmeric for Weight Loss, Skin Care, Pain Relief, and a ton of other amazing benefits.