Did I just hear a wishful Sigh!! Whether an early bird or a late sleeper what everyone wants after a hard day’s work is to get a good peaceful night’s sleep the moment the head hits the pillow. Tossing and turning on the bed desperately trying to sleep, when the whole world is blissfully snoring can be really frustrating. While it is tempting to pop a sleeping pill, we don’t realize that nature has blessed us with foods which help us sleep better and longer.
Rosemary is one such aromatic herb which is a natural sleeping remedy for insomnia. Besides helping with insomnia it is known for its analgesic, antiseptic, antidepressant, anti-inflammatory, expectorant, antiviral, aphrodisiac and disinfectant properties.Rosemary also has soothing effects by working against muscle soreness,anxiety,fatigue, sadness, stomach problems and also indigestion caused by stress. Besides flavoring the food, rosemary is also used in aromatherapy for a restful sleep. However pregnant women are strictly warned against consuming rosemary.
Now that we know all this why not add a sprig or two of this wonder herb in our daily cooking.
Roasted baby potatoes with rosemary and garlic is one deliciously easy dish made in the oven. The potatoes are roasted with their jackets on, which make them crunchy as you bite and succulent inside. The rosemary makes the dish aromatic and the olive oil and garlic make it flavorful. I like to toss in whole peeled cloves of garlic,because they become crisp when roasted and I just love them like that. However,you can use minced garlic if you like. Rosemary can be used fresh or dried,subject to availability.
Roasted baby potatoes with rosemary and garlic
- 1 lb (500 g approx.) baby potatoes(yukon or any other)
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil(enough to coat the potatoes)
- 10-15 garlic cloves peeled
- sea salt to taste
- coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary leaves or 1 tbsp. dried rosemary
- Wash and clean the potatoes. You can halve the potatoes which look bigger. But leave the jackets on.
- Toss all the other ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Now put the potatoes in the bowl and toss well.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 º F
- Transfer them to a roasting tray and roast for 45 minutes to an hour until crisp and tender.
- Toss twice or thrice during the roasting process.
- Enjoy warm.
So say goodbye to insomnia. Eat right and sleep tight 🙂
Secrets of Turmeric
Hey health nut! If you like Superfoods, you will fall in love with Turmeric! Did you know Turmeric can be used for anti-inflammatory, healthy skin, acne, wrinkles, hair growth, and much more. Learn the Top 10 Benefits of Turmeric and then read the fantastic eBook on all the Amazing Uses of Turmeric. You will discover how to use Turmeric for Weight Loss, Skin Care, Pain Relief, and a ton of other amazing benefits.