Hello Everyone! First of all I am sorry for disappearing from the blogging world. It is three whole months.I have been super busy doing up our new place and then moving in.Everything had to be done from scratch and that took a lot of time and patience.Those who have experienced building a home in India know exactly what I mean.Coordinating between different sets of workers,electricians,plumbers,carpenters,painters is a huge task. It is easier to buy a ready made place but we didn’t find one which suited our requirements.But all the hardwork was well worth thankfully.And well! If someone needs some construction or interior advice, I am just a blog away 😀 (I hope my absence will be excused now)
So much has happened while I was away. The world got trumped and India got demonetized. Well! Well! Now that I am back I will see what can be done.
Meanwhile just relax and enjoy this deliciously easy recipe. ‘Tangdi’ is a hindi word referring to the chicken drumstick. Tangdi kebab is a succulent appetizer quite popularly served in Indian restaurants. It is marinated and traditionally grilled in charcoal ovens. Stuffed tangdi kabab is an interesting variation of the original recipe. Moreover it can be easily made at home in a regular oven. The chicken legs are marinated,stuffed and baked in a way that they are subtly spiced but very flavorful,juicy and melt in the mouth.
Recipe:Stuffed Tangdi Kabab
Ingredients for Marinade
- 8 chicken drumsticks(legs)
- 1 tsp. ginger paste
- 1 tsp. garlic paste
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. garam masala powder*
- 1/2 tsp. black salt (omit if unavailable)
- salt and pepper to taste
- saffron strands soaked in a teaspoon of water/yellow food color
- Wash the drumsticks and pat dry. With a sharp knife make a horizontal slit along the bottom half close to the bone in such a way that you can open the flap for stuffing.
- Mix all the ingredients and marinate the chicken in them.
- Leave aside for half an hour.
Ingredients for stuffing
- 200g Minced prawns OR grated Cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped coriander/cilantro leaves
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. cashewnuts finely chopped(optional)
- salt to taste
- You can choose between prawns and cottage cheese for the filling.
- In a mixing bowl add prawns or cottage cheese.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Open the flap of each chicken leg and gently stuff with the mixture.
- Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
Ingredients for the coating
- 2 tbsp. greek yogurt/hung curd
- 4 tsp. grated cheese
- 4 tsp. cornflour
- 1 tbsp. melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF or 190ºC.
- Mix all the coating ingredients and coat each drumstick with it.
- Brush a baking tray with melted butter and place all the chicken drumsticks on it.
- Cook on the middle rack for 15-20 minutes. Check with a skewer to see if they are done. The juices should run clear. Otherwise continue for another 10 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter and broil for 5-10 minutes for a beautiful glaze.
- Serve hot with onion rings and a lemon wedge.
A Big Thankyou:
A big thank you to all my friends,readers and well wishers who enquired for me, who missed me and who kept sending me inspiring messages.
Special thanks to my sister in law who brought me a beautiful gift from Atlanta for my kitchen as an inspiration and reminder to get back to blogging.Thank you ❤ and I just can’t wait to try it.
And I can’t forget to thank my gynaec friend who sent me a big jar of Cocoa for my baking experiments. Thanks Bil.
I have a lot to share with all of you. So please stay tuned and do keep visiting.